Musicians?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Anyone play any instruments on the site? I thought it would be cool to discuss what we like to play, whether it be guitar, violin, piano, singing.. .

Share your ideas, gear, setup, etc. etc...

I play guitar. I'm using a US made Fender Strat, with EMG active pickups (David Gilmour uses these to play, and I think he's the best guitarist in the universe!!!.. ;) . I like using pedals, usually delays, reverb, chrus, flanger, tremolo... I play on an old Fender champ tube amp, only 6 watts, but sounds totally awesome. natural distortion rocks!!! Musical influences include Pink Floyd, Radiohead, mostly Blues style of playing rather than technical/heavy.

I'm currently looking into purchasing a guitar processor. The one I'm looking at is the Boss GT-6.. Looks like an awesome toy to play with. the only reason I haven't purchased it yet is cause they're coming out with the new GT-8 in a few months... And I might wait and purchase that one instead.

Anyone else on this site play anything?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I play guitar, bass, saxaphone, harmonica and pinao. And I have a little band with a friend whre I am the singer as well.

My guitar is a Canadian made Seagull acoustic with added Fisher pickups. I do have an old Vantage electric guitar and a Peavy Bass as well.

Indigo

weeeeee
Sep 20, 2004
BC, Canada
I used to play the piano, had 10 odd years of classical lessons, but I haven't played in over a year. In highschool, I was in choir at school and at church. Our school choir was pretty darn good, made it to a national competition level. I've been told I sing rather well, but I'm too self-conscious/stage-frightish to perform publicly. Played sax, and guitar for a while, but not long enough to get good at it.

Nowadays I'm more of a spectator and appreciator of music than a participant. *sigh*

gerbil_dude

Alfredo DiMarco
Dec 5, 2004
birmingham
hi ive played my guitar for just over 8 yrs now ever since i was 7 im in a greatband ive played at my local areana the nec twice

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
I own a couple of guitars and I take lessons but I'm not sure I want to saty I "play" guitar and I certainly will stop well short of calling myself a musician.

I've only been playing about 5 months. I own an Fender acoustic and a Tele clone that I bought off ebay for $50 and refinished.

T

SomeGuy88

Its simply scrum-trulescent
Jun 26, 2004
Grimsby, Ontario
Visit site
I have been playing electric guitar for about 3 years now. I have an Ibanez GSA60 with a Crate GFX30 amp. I just took a chip out of my guitar so im pretty mad, especially since its black its really visible. ANyone have any tips of make it look better?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
when bicycleists chip the paint from rocks flying or other causes the diy suggested way to deal with it is to find a nail polish that matches the color and paint the chips with that.

I sing, am in a mens chorus and have sang with the church choir cause they needed more basses for a particular time.

I worked on piano for a while but don't have easy access to one at the moment and have let that slide.

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Trumpet

been playing since 6th grade, but im starting to get bored of it (which is hard considering how much trumpet rules). My friend is getting me a bagpipe for christmas :)confused: yeh...thats what i said too), so i guess if i end up getting that ill start to learn. Bagpipes are pretty sweet, but i guess you either love them or hate them.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
In high school, I was in a jazz/stage band (select band, it was also called). I was first alto sax, though I also played the clarinet, bari sax and tenor sometimes. We did songs like Purple Haze, Harlem Nocturne, Carry On Wayward Son, Moondance, Jump, Jive and Wail, Splanky, etc etc. We were good:p We won first at nationals in Virginia Beach, and again in Toronto:D We put out two CD's...but I think you could only buy them locally.

I was in regular symphonic band too (bass clarinet, clarinet, alto clarinet, all the saxes) and taught sax lessons.

Then I also played in the community band in my hometown as well as one 45 minutes south and we put out a CD for that, too.

I miss playing:( I still have my alto, but it's no fun to play alone....and I haven't gotten around to checking out our city's community band yet.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I've played a little bass. :cool:
mostly metal...
-ESP Viper v254
-ESP LTD B104

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com