My 2 new mbuna

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Ahhhhhh lucky you! $5?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? I paid $13 for one 4" ob zebra last week...grrrrrrrr.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yes, I was lucky, rufioman!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thank you, very much, Razzo!

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Don't know how I missed this Efors, but they're cool! I have 7 in my 125 and they are so funny to watch. I've got 22 fry growing out now. It's interesting to watch and see which will develop the OB coloration. I can see at least one so far.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
A mbuna tank is a great tank, Courtney!
Yep, they are very funny to watch, Rcr! I hope you can get an OB male. Hey, don't worry about how you have missed this thread; but everybody here have missed the updated pics of my daffodil and fry 38gal tank or at least, there are no comments about those pics... :cry:! Even Razzo asked for an update of that tank and he has not seen the pics, I think :irked:.

Duke79

AC Members
Aug 28, 2010
Hey DrgRcr ... the three fuelleborni I got from you are doing great. All three were male so I have rehomed one of the the OB males already with a friend. The other OB male is "king" of the tank. My wife named him "Phil". I'm looking for some OB fuelleborni females to go in the tank now to give the tank some more color variation. But they seem to be a bit hard to get right now.

The Acei are doing well. They are coloring up nicely and soon I'll start rehoming some of them to get my numbers down to 5.

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Duke, that's great news! Glad they are all doing well for you. I finally got a decent spawn from another female, so I've got a bunch growing out now. Were the males butting heads, or did you decide to rehome on your own? In my tank, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I have 5m/2f! So far no major fighting, just chasing. I probably should try to get more girls for the group, but I hate to change the dynamic if it's working out. Both confirmed females are OB and have had fry.

Duke79

AC Members
Aug 28, 2010
Hey DrgRcr ... the males were not only "butting heads" but getting into some down and out bare-knuckled fights. With three of them in the tank there weren't enough good territories for each of them to have a good place to call home. So I removed one to quiet down the tank a bit. As much as I like the Acei ... the fuelleborni are definitely my favorites in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store