My 3665 Gallon Lined Plywood Tank Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
you just want to claim DM title for biggest tank on AC..... shady very shady.... lol good luck
LOL, it's kind of funny that I have more interest from people here than on MFK. I suppose that's because I've been more active here. I try to post frequently on both.

I found out today from my roommate that he worked construction for half his adult life. That's going to make building this a whole lot easier.

We're going to remove the french doors and close in that wall. I plan to put three small windows across the top for ventilation. I'll be able to open them and get no rain in since they are under the eave. We're going to use the french doors on the wall between the living room and sunroom which is going to be great. It's something I've always wanted to do in my house.

The raised ceiling that I wanted in the fish room to give more room above the tank is going to happen as well.

fish room3.jpg

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
if you need any help with electrical work, PM me... LOL, how many watts is that heater gonna use... 16000watts!?!?!?! that's like 120 amps LOL!!!! more than my air conditioner... you'd probably want to go with gas or something because that's ALOT OF POWER!!!! I can run ~90 gaming computers using that... LMFAO, you're going to have to get a separate circuit for all for all of that energy

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Do you have a storage problem..lmao!

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
I'm looking forward to seeing this build develope.
Is it going to be a cichlid tank or are you going to get some true monsters.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Heating isn't really a problem and WON'T be done with 16000 watts of anything. The ambient room temperature will keep the tank stable because the room is well insulated and the heat from the pumps will help as well. I'm most likely going to have more trouble keeping it cool than warm since it's hot here most of the time.

Larger tanks are actually easier to maintain than smaller tanks because there's more margin for error. As I've said, there will be a variety of smaller subsystems rather than one or two larger ones. That in itself will be easier to maintain.

Bob, I don't have a storage problem. I have a stuff stuck in boxes problem. :D That and I'm a packrat don't work well together. I'm trying to get rid of everything that doesn't have a place, but when you're raised to never throw anything away it's difficult to do that.

krytan, the first stocking will be various cichlids, clown loaches, gobies, and other fish that I have right now. Once I have it working for a while, don't know how long, I'm going to stock it with arowanas and freshwater rays.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Those 4 drums in your garage-sale yard are filters to be?
Can see them pulling a lot of rubbish out of your tank.
Fill one up with ceramic, 1/2 hp pump behind it, that will filter your toilet during the coffee-breaks lol.
I'm sure this is going to be very nice to see it getting up from the ground.
What kind of background are you going to put in? Plants will be out if your planning on cychlids I guess. Rocks? Concrets with caves? Bogwood?

xsdbs

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
krytan, the first stocking will be various cichlids, clown loaches, gobies, and other fish that I have right now. Once I have it working for a while, don't know how long, I'm going to stock it with arowanas and freshwater rays.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

awww, miniature bummer. This would be an awsome saltwater tank, I could see the coolest coral reef in that tank. however it will still be just as awsome of a freshwater tank as well. (maybe you could put a divider in the middle and have both salt & fresh water) oh, that wouldn't work the tank is tooooo small for a divider.:):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store