My 40B reef woo hoo!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Just gotta repeat what everyone else is saying.. AWESOME tank!!!

I currently have a 29g reef thats been setup for many years. Because I rent I never really wanted to go up to a 55 (I had one and gave it away). Never really thought of just going up to a 40g but after seeing your amazing tank I may have to bite the bullet.

leoslizards

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
I just noticed that you got the same fish as I do and some that I would like to get. I have a maroon clown, a royal gramma, and a firefish. I want to get a purple firefish, a six-line, and a chromis also. The problem is that I only have a 29g tank. It's only three months old and I'm already looking to upgrade. I was thinking a 55g but a 40g B looks good also.

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Thanks guys! The 40B is a great sized tank!I also started with a 29g and in 3 months I moved everything to the 40B because there was so many corals I wanted to get especially the RBTA so I figured better switch while the tank was still young..I would love to go to a 65g but I like the way things are going in the 40B..def if you want the other fish move up and add them a few months apart..not all at once..Thanks again everyone..I am happy that my tank has made such an impact for being my first salty tank :D I am starting a planted tank and I think that it is confusing haha

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Hello Got2envy, I am one of those new people you were talking about. I haven't got my new/first tank running YET but will be soon and I hope that it looks as good as yours. I also live in an apartment. I guess I went a bit nuts cause I got a 75gal the first time out. I just thought that anything smaller would have been to hard to keep thing right and also wanted the room to grow.I just hope the floor will hold it. LOL I guess will see. If you get a chance check it out so far there is a link down below. Once again great setup. Are you running a sump or fuge? If so can you please post a pic of both?

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Hello woodright..I am sumpless I have a soapdish hanging on he side of tank for the cheato and thats it..I run chemipure or seagel in the HOB and do 5g water changes with NSW but am splurging on a R/O unit this week :D your tank is off to a great start..I wish I had started out bigger but the 40B is work enough and a money vacuum..the bigger the better is what i always say

leoslizards

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
Nice leopard got2envy :) I got four new ones myself. :D Looks like yours has a regenerated tail? Do you have anymore pics of him/her? I would really like to see them.

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
Just chiming in to say that is one gorgeous tank! Gives me something to aspire to!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Nice leopard got2envy :) I got four new ones myself. :D Looks like yours has a regenerated tail? Do you have anymore pics of him/her? I would really like to see them.
thanks! I have a vid in the photo section and a thread in the viv section..I can't tell if the tail is regen..but if it is it has grown back nicely..i believe it's a her..I named her leeloo (i'm a 5th element fan lol) nerd.. :grinyes:

the 40B is doing great! still using NSW..i am actually in the process of setting up a 75g..I got the lights for a good deal :headbang2: just have to buy the ballasts..I will go sumpless on the 75 as well..i was going to do a overflow box..but it skurrs the crap outta me when i hear the flood stories haha will keep everyone updated on the tanks! thanks everyone!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store