My 6 (UK) Gallon Firebellied Newt Vivarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kathryn

Tropical Community Aquarium
Sep 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
:) cool, its almost impossible to find anything but FBnewts/toads. i was lucky to find a redeft newt. but most stores dont like caring for them will there in stock :huh:
Yes, but thankfully my lfs has a variety of newts, I simply went to firebelly because I thought they were interesting. ;)
Thanks.

Kathryn

Sep 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
Those are some really nice pictures. The clarity of the facial expressions is priceless.
Thank you. They do have rather cute faces, making them a joy to photograph. Trust me, the photos you've seen are a mere fraction of the amount I've actually taken!

the more and more i look at the pics the more i want to start one. had newts years ago.
lol thanks. I'd certainly recommend them. ;)

very nice! Its amazing what you can do with small tanks...
Yes, i've seen some stunning nano tanks. Bigger isn't always better! lol :)

Kathryn

Sep 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
Thank you for the nice comments. ;)
It's 7.2 US gallons. :D

Kathryn

Sep 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
I don't heat the tank. They prefer quite cool water, so a heater is not necessary. :)

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
you dont need a heater............unless your home igets colder than 68*F.

dwarfgourami7

Steve the angelfish
Nov 13, 2006
England! uk
Awesome. They have FBN's at my LFS and FBT's (toads) can they be mixed together in the long run? Sometimes i see them together in the LFS but it might be taking out a rough toad or newt from the rest. I dont know. Whats their diet?

Kathryn

Sep 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
Hi. Thank you very much. ;)
I have been told that FBT and FBN's can be put together, but you should get someone to confirm that. :)
I feed them bloodworms, both live and frozen. :D

dwarfgourami7

Steve the angelfish
Nov 13, 2006
England! uk
How often? Because i cant afford to feed them bloodwom everyday twice or even once. I get £10 a week for pocket money which may be alot for pocket money but in fishkeeping it doesnt go very far. Might get a job soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store