My african dwarf frogs have white spots HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Please give us an update on George's condition. I hope he is feeling better.

emoalysha

AC Members
Nov 6, 2009
I don't know right now he is downstairs and im upstairs but im too scared to go downstairs cause someone in my house down there has the swine flue (h1n1 flu)srry.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Sorry you have swine flu in the house. I hope you don't get it, and I hope George is OK. Let us know when you can.

emoalysha

AC Members
Nov 6, 2009
hello im srry to say this but edward died!!!!!!!!!!!!!im really upset i think it was red leg disesase or fungus but i dont know?theres no pics cuz he s dead.:(:(:(:(i am going to my moms work tmr to get a fire belly toad i am gonna clean the tank my moms says before she puts it in because we dont wont it ot die!i hope it lives for a hwile and for sure will post pics of it when i ahve time thankyou SO MUCH FOR HELPING!!!BUT PLEASE EDWARD R.I.P BELLA R.I.P.THANKSYOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!APPRECTIATED

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
I"m so sorry for your loss Alysha. I apologize for getting his name wrong, of course I should have remembered his name was Edward, or at least checked the earlier post to be sure. I don't know why that name came to mind, but more importantly.... I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet frogs.

Be sure to really sanitize the tank. Read up on Chytrid, the fungus that may have been the problem. Most likely it was Red leg, but the flakiness you described is worrisome.

Chytrid is dreadfully contagious and it is necessary to use impecable technique to thoroughly decontaminate all equipment, tank, nets, buckets, filters, etc., to prevent your next frog from contracting this dreadful disease, if, in fact, Chytrid was part of the picture.

Since we don't know for sure if this was Chytrid, I would go on the assumption that it was, if I were you, and would proceed with the decontamination in the manner suggested in the information you find about Chytrid. Google it and you will find much information. If you have problems getting the information you need, just post again for help.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP little froggies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store