My Aquaponics System

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

frigginchi

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
O here is a crude drawing. You can have your growbed where the green is. With a pump in the filter bringing water into the grow bed and returning water back into the pond.

Very nice, Chi. :)

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make something like this work in my pond. I'll come up with something though. :D
pond.jpg

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
That would be a nice addition to the pond. Made the mistake years ago to have a flow-thru bog area back to my pond, the mistake was planting mint in the bog. That stuff gets totally out of control. The hydro project is really amazing. Good luck.

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
Hmmm... I've actually got that area landscaped, plus it is horribly sloped and would be really tough to get to to tend an aquaponics garden. But what I'm thinking I may do is have some of the plants IN the top of that filter (the white on top is a grate w/ sponges under it). I'm also debating a floating aquaponics system in the pond itself. That way it will help keep at least a portion of the pond shaded at all times, plus it will give the fish a little cover. I'm just not sure how to do that without making it look really "red-neck". I want it to still be beautiful to look at.

Thoughts on how to accomplish that?

frigginchi

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
A raft system wouldn't really work. But you could put another tub on top of the filter full of gravel. With flow diverted from the main pipe to feed the grow bed. Then put in a bell siphon then voila!

Hmmm... I've actually got that area landscaped, plus it is horribly sloped and would be really tough to get to to tend an aquaponics garden. But what I'm thinking I may do is have some of the plants IN the top of that filter (the white on top is a grate w/ sponges under it). I'm also debating a floating aquaponics system in the pond itself. That way it will help keep at least a portion of the pond shaded at all times, plus it will give the fish a little cover. I'm just not sure how to do that without making it look really "red-neck". I want it to still be beautiful to look at.

Thoughts on how to accomplish that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store