My assassins took down my oldest bridgesii this morning

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
do they reproduce like briggs or like rams? in other words if i get 1 will i have more?

i have ponds in the betta tank and they are everywhere it would be nice to thro them in to clean house and even nicer if when gone i could find the assasins and take them out .....

or would i have and out break of assasins?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I don't want a tank specific for them, lol. They are neat, but I prefer the personalities of my other critters. I think I paid $4 or $5 a piece for them, and would likely sell them for the same.

They are sex specific and lay single eggs. They seem to form mated pairs. The eggs take a long time to hatch and they are not laid nearly as frequently as other snails.

leeser28

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
Sorry about the attack - how's the big guy?

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Rachal, can they go in with fry? see I would love to have these to keep the pond and ramshorn down! if they can go in with fry can I have some? I have a tank with no apples, ( fry grow out) with 5 mommy guppy

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
aww its good to hear hes still alive. Makes me glad to think that i set up a species tank for them.

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Rachal, can they go in with fry? see I would love to have these to keep the pond and ramshorn down! if they can go in with fry can I have some? I have a tank with no apples, ( fry grow out) with 5 mommy guppy
i would imagine they would be ok with a fry tank, its probably an ideal home for them as the extra feeding needed for fry creates food for the snails. I got loaches in my fry tank to assist me as i couldnt find assasins. I landed upon mine by accident.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
thats cool as I find 20 ramshorns each day in my fry tank :swear: today I have a small jar in there with zuccini to trap more. but if I had assassins muwuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ~!!!!!!!!!!!!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I don't know that I would keep them with fry. They are carnivores. I would ask sounguru what he thinks about it, he knows more about them than me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store