My Baby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Why do they get a bad rap ?? They are always on the news !!!!!!!!! HMMMM PIT BULL just tore someone up :)
Many, many breeds and mixes are mistaken for a 'pit bull', a lady around here reported an attack as "a big *** pit bull tore my dog up", when it looked like a
cattle dog mix to me, had medium length hair also. They officer still wrote it up as 'pit bull', even after I explained this.

I was walking my 2 pure bred pedigree german shepherds and someone made a comment about my PIT BULLS. :lipssealedsmilie:

Someone in the UK almost lost their pure lab that looked nothing like a pit because it was a 'pit bull'.
I would say a good number of people could not recognize a real american pit bull terrier if it came up and stole their socks (which mine has a terrible habit of).

Kj, do you have any other pics of him? Love to see them...

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
Sorry to butt in, but I have a 7 mo old, "Bella"
She's 70 pds of pure love :)

Then...

And now...

((((((((APBT)))))))))

IMG_0333.JPG 0817081544.jpg 0828081014a.jpg

Mokomon

Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
Your dog is BEAUTIFUL, btw!

Mokomon

Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
Thank you!
We just had her spayed last month, and my vet said she was a great ambassador for the breed :)

She is the most gentle soul, and was taught from day one not to put her teeth on us

It amazes me when I walk her how people will suddenly cross the street :(

Her favorite playmate is our 4 yr old fatcat :D

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Thank you!
We just had her spayed last month, and my vet said she was a great ambassador for the breed :)

She is the most gentle soul, and was taught from day one not to put her teeth on us

It amazes me when I walk her how people will suddenly cross the street :(

Her favorite playmate is our 4 yr old fatcat :D
THANK YOU!
For spaying! Honestly, people do not understand that more pit-type dogs are killed in shelters than any other breed from being so overbred.

You are a great owner for that alone, not to mention teaching her good manners.

My vet was of the same opinion about my girlie, she allowed him to take her stitches out and give her shots with no problem, and her stitches were a bit sensitive due to her rough playing.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Kj :D

kjenber

AC Members
Jan 8, 2006
MI
Great lookin pit mokomon that baby pic is soo cute .
I also have people that have no idea what a pit looks like but they will
discriminate in a hurry .
Example I had a little girl and her mom think my dog was soooo cute / And he is .... The little girl approached my pitt and stuck her face in petes face NO BIG DEAL I have 8 7 and 5 year old boys My dogs are cultured to the abuse lol lol ..... Pete licked here and greated happly when mom asked "AWW He is so cute what kind of dog is that" I replyed Pitt Bull Instantly she rempoved here
doughter and I was apauled .

OhioOilMan

AC Members
Mar 1, 2008
Portsmouth Ohio
Real Name
Ryan Lore
Wow! a dogfish! haha lol you got a catfish too???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store