My brackish tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I believe given what alot of ignorant people have done to fish over the years in general as serious aquarists it's our job to give our fish the opportunity to thrive. Not just "live", if you're not giving a fish it's natural conditions it's not thriving and definately not perfectly healthy. Thinking otherwise is just plain ignorant, and you're just adding to the strain we've already put on this planet and it's ecosystem.

Silver Surfer, once you've been keeping fish for their entire lives you cannot make any of the snap judgements and ignorant statements you've made in the last week. Do a little research before you post some of the garbage you've been posting. Refusing to take advice and generally just refusing to admit you're wrong is not only stupid but it also defeats the purpose of comming to these forums.

Pictus cats may have strayed into the BW sections of the amazon before in the wild but this is only for short periods of time, not their entire life like you're forcing your pictus cat to do.

The reason your puffers beak is not overgrown is because you feed ghost shrimp, another hard shelled inverabrate. snails are just recommended because of ease of breeding. Did you also by chance feed it a malaysian trumpet snail?

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
Pimelodus blochii Bloch's catfish is the only Pictus that can go brackish.
Look at locations and even during floods if it doesn't live at least 50 - 100 miles from the ocean it probably won't go brackish.

Something I just learned!
The Black Sea is brackish for the top 500 feet. Then it is dense salt water where nothing lives and the bottom is poisonious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store