my first 75 gal Aquarium Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
well I caught one of my plecos cleaning the assassin snails shell. he moved some when i got the camera but it was cute to watch the snail just chugging along and the lil pleco munching down all over his shell.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Now all my ghost shrimp are what I consider prob full sized they are huge. and with all the plants in the tank now they seem to come out in the open all the time (they used to the bigger ones but the smaller used to hide now they all out) but I dont see any carrying eggs and just curious how you tell males from females and how often do they breed?
To tell the males from females you just have to wait and see if any get berried( have eggs underneath tail) i believe they can breed in freshwater but any babies wont make it unless its brackish, but i may be wrong. BTW, nice sword :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
thanks I just got the ghosts to have something for the wife in there I want to get something different when the weather warms up and I find a good deal on RCS or something that likes to breed easy

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
thanks I just got the ghosts to have something for the wife in there I want to get something different when the weather warms up and I find a good deal on RCS or something that likes to breed easy
Ive seen a few different shrimp for sale on here lately. Maybe you and a seller can work out a deal and hold a few for you until the weather get a bit better

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
well had one of my red plecos die this am. the rest were doing ok and I tested water everything was fine so prob just bad heart. guy gonna replace him this spring with a long fin albino when they grow enough.

then tonight had an emergency I made new batch of CO2 for my bottles and it started pumping out then few hrs later I noticed fish at top of tank gasping for breath. I raised spraybar above waterline to break up the surface more and release the gas and changed abt 15% of the water and they seem to be doing fine now but it was a scare.

Joseph Huntley

AC Members
Dec 6, 2013
Moline, Illinois USA
Real Name
Joe
Ive seen a few different shrimp for sale on here lately. Maybe you and a seller can work out a deal and hold a few for you until the weather get a bit better

yea im going to wait a bit after today lol at least my baby fish still doing good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store