My Jag Died

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iangangoo

BIG FISH
Jan 18, 2006
Canada
Saturday my Jag died, he had not been eating for 3 days and I new it was coming. I now have 1 red terror and 1 green terror in my 90 gal. I would like to add 1 more mate to the tank but need advise, I do not want to add anymore chiclids as the red will beat him to death!

Is there any other fish I can add to give the place some colour/action? I like fast moving fish-does anyone have any advise? My tank looks so bare because they are constantly in hiding?? :look:

iangangoo

BIG FISH
Jan 18, 2006
Canada
thanks, yeah he was my fav I will look at getting some silver dollars or give away my rt and gt and go with Malawi's??

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
If the red terror and the green terror have been in the tank for a while then it may not be possible to add to this aquarium without a bloodbath. The longer that the cichlids are in the tank the more likely that something like this can happen. Silver dollars although they are aggressive are no where near the aggression level of the terrors and I am afraid that it will end badly for the silver dollars.

Marinemom

Yoemen

In Boogeyman's closet
Nov 2, 2005
Galveston
you could try a bottom feeder like a raphael catfish or maybe a larger Syno. Just a possible suggestion never had experience with terrors.

iangangoo

BIG FISH
Jan 18, 2006
Canada
now my GT is on his last breath, when I came home from work last night he was beat up pretty badly. I will sacrifice him tonight when I get home :sad:

It seems the RT is a VERY aggressive fish-I have learnt my lesson. Now I have a large tank with 1 chiclid in it... :thud:

fishlips

Quality Takes Time
Dec 22, 2001
Harwinton,CT
Why don't you try for a pair in the 90?

Are you sure its a RT? Chances are its a mayan, unless of course you got it from somewhere special.

fishlips

Quality Takes Time
Dec 22, 2001
Harwinton,CT
Why don't you try for a pair in the 90? And am not suggesting a RT pair.

Are you sure its a RT? Chances are its a mayan, unless of course you got it from somewhere special.

iangangoo

BIG FISH
Jan 18, 2006
Canada
i'm afraid to add anything else to the tank! My GT got it and my Jag got it! Is there any chiclid out there that will be a good fit for my RT? (he's about 4")

What about a Flowerhorn? Or larger Front? My tank looks soooo bare!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store