my L204s are here! (pics!)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
:eek:mg: I want! Their markings are unusual - not just "striped", there's a pattern there. Their wide fins & thin tails are a gorgeous mix! Argh, I'm so jealous. Congrats!!!
Thanks! :D I've never kept plecos before and I'm so happy to have these little guys!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Did you get a 6-pack of them? Better increase your filtration and water changes... :thumbsup:
Those are a bit larger/older than mine were when I got them. Here's a couple pics from over a year ago:

And a recent pic of one of them:

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
Did you get a 6-pack of them? Better increase your filtration and water changes... :thumbsup:
I did get 6. I was only planning on 1, but Snookn21 was selling them in threes and the price per fish was better than anywhere else I'd seen... and I have daydreams that I'll be able to find a pair out of the group... Hope springs eternal. I'll definitely be water changing like crazy just to keep all the poop vacuumed out, and I think I'm going to make a mini sump for that tank, once I finish the one for my 55g.

Those are a bit larger/older than mine were when I got them. Here's a couple pics from over a year ago:
Hard to tell without a common size reference, but yes I think mine are a bit bigger than yours in those pictures. Mine look to be around 2.5 inches.

And a recent pic of one of them:
I can see I have a lot to look forward to! :)

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Mine were probably 2" when they arrived; not a fast-growing species, but methinks still not as slow as the L-333's. It seems like they've barely grown at all, though it's hard to tell. No reason you shouldn't have at least a pair from the group, though pleco's aren't always pair-bonding spawners. My L-10a and BN females all spawn with a single, dominant male (of their species.)

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Congrats! They are gorgeous!!

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
Those are really nice plecos Cello! Very unusual looking. Man, that guy sure has nice stock.....:woot:
I've been looking for these: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishp&1271773803
Thanks! I really love the markings, and they're slightly different on each one. Maybe eventually I'll be able to tell them apart. :)

John does have great stock, and my experience buying from him was fantastic. I ended up buying directly (not through Aquabid), but I would certainly add my positive feedback to the hundreds of others that he has!

Obviously, it's only been a few days, but the L204s seem to be in very good shape. They started eating almost immediately, and they're getting more and more active during the day. I'm surprised and delighted by how much I get to see them! :D

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store