my lyric

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
if homosepions are related to apes, then why can't they make babies with apes?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
It's Homo sapien, Douglas. With an an A and an E. ;)

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
if homosepions are related to apes, then why can't they make babies with apes?
They can, but it is frowned upon just about everywhere. Except maybe West Virginia.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
It's Homo sapien, Douglas. With an an A and an E. ;)
That's just homophobic. This board should really revisit it's policies on hate speech, moderators shouldn't be allowed to spread this kind of hurtful talk. :p

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
HAH, i dont believe in relation to apes.......... ALOT do thought, so thats why i mentioned it......
I'd say that pretty much everyone else in the entire world (that understands the animal kingdom's classifications) know and accept that humans are related to apes. This is because we are primates, like it or not, and are officially classified as such...and have been for a very long time now. This doesn't mean that we evolved from modern apes; it just means that we (along with modern monkeys and apes) branched off and evolved from a common ancient ancestor. 'Related to' doesn't necessarily mean 'descended from.' Our DNA (along with various other physical characteristics that we share with other primates) is absolute proof of this relativity.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I'd say that pretty much everyone else in the entire world (that understands the animal kingdom's classifications) know and accept that humans are related to apes. This is because we are primates, like it or not, and are officially classified as such...and have been for a very long time now. This doesn't mean that we evolved from modern apes; it just means that we (along with modern monkeys and apes) branched off and evolved from a common ancient ancestor. 'Related to' doesn't necessarily mean 'descended from.' Our DNA (along with various other physical characteristics that we share with other primates) is absolute proof of this relativity.
+1 reguardless of religious beliefs and beliefs on evolution, the facts are that we are related to apes. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Not sure why one wouldn't want to be related to Apes anyways. Chimps, sure. They'll like the red-headed step-children of the family. Even more so then Orangutans, which are actually the red-headed step-children of the family.

Plus, it's always good to be on their good side. Since they will eventually take over.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Anyone who's watched Planet of The Apes (or Rise of the Planet of the Apes) knows that apes are far superior to humans... duh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store