My New Acrylic 55g Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
Well, the lights could have worked out better. I remodeled a industrial fixture that powers 4 48inch bulbs. It didn't fit my tank so I took it apart did a little bend work on it and put it back together... needless to say it didn't work the greatest. It won't fire all four bulbs at the same time. not sure why but I think im going to have to suck it up and buy a pc setup... I want pc anyway but I thought i would save myself alot of money with this route...

Oh well you live you learn... no money wasted is a worth while venture

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
Interesting findings...

I recently was looking at my rocks and decided I want to experiment with fragging. so I started to remove polyps and mushrooms arround and I found that one of the rocks was loose. part of it chipped right off and it had a couple polyps on it. That was great, and it made it easy to frag...

while doing more fragging the next day I say a nice crack in the rock that the polyps came on and thought to myself. hmmm more easy fragging... but when I pulled on the crack I found something very interesting. The rock was hollow... and when I broke the top off inside was two interesting hitchiikers... the bigger more obvious was what looked like a brownish green emerald crab. He mush have climbed in there when he was small and got stuck. I've never seen him before and he was way to big (about 1 1/2 inch) to fit in the tiny crack.

I alos found some sort of clam or mussle. I'm not familiar with it but it looks like a fresh water clam but kind of oblong shaped... maybe if it would open up i would know more...

Anyway just thought those were some interesting finds to have. espeacially since they had been there for a long time without me even knowing it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store