!!!!My New Saltwater Tank!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sevenstar

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
I found three nice pics I like. I will make a thread in the photo section and place the pics there. I will update this post with the link once I am done :0

kano5003

This Is My New 75 Gallon Saltwater.
Jan 12, 2007
Australia
sevenstar do you have msn so we can chat about fish????????

Sevenstar

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007

Germanman

My fish are my babies
clown fish are damselfish. and cool little set up! cant wait to see it finished up. id recommend adding more rock....its the key to success...not to many people really understand what live rock does for an aquarium or how crucial making an aquarium an ecosystem really is. if your interested id love to go into detail...we biologists are how u say always ready to talk your ear off in great detail...lol

kano5003

This Is My New 75 Gallon Saltwater.
Jan 12, 2007
Australia
yeah ok sounds cool?????:thm:

Germanman

My fish are my babies
well ok typically when someone makes an aquarium they just get what looks cool. well that doesnt always work the aquarium is in fact a small ecosystem and for it to succeed it must emulate the ocean in an almost imposable way. the ocean has no filters and therefore relies on the organisms that live in the water to clean up. a balance is needed to be meet if one hopes to keep the animals in a happy healthy environment. since you just want some clowns your very lucky. all you have to do is design the tank around them. look up where they come from and then what they live with and then emulate that area within your tank. an aquarium can actually be run on just a power head, heater, skimmer, and proper supplementation and lighting. the only filter needed is the proper amount of live rock and a plenum deep sand bed.(look up Dr. Jean Jaubert's work on it). these systems often do better than the highly technological tanks of the 21st century. also a similar effect can be reached with a refugum. some say my set up is impractical or cruel to the animals or highly over stocked. but how many people can say they have kept a system like mine going for almost 2 years and a seahorse all the way in the reef and then document footage of a seahorse beating a tang to food?all my animals get along beautifully and always will as long as i dont make any stupid mistakes or take a risk(like the sea apple).

also on another note why is everyone saying sea anemonies are so hard to take care of? mine was my second coral in my tank and was added only 2 weeks after the set up of my system. and has not only done fine but split.

well i guess its just the dedication involved as well as the research done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store