My new tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
So I tried to use the light fixtures from the 55 gallon...one doesn't work at all, even with a new bulb, and the other one worked all of .05 seconds. Why?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
So I tried to use the light fixtures from the 55 gallon...one doesn't work at all, even with a new bulb, and the other one worked all of .05 seconds. Why?

Does it have all the necessary parts? Is it the ballast? I would make sure it is wired correctly, and other stuff like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
yeah the wires look fine, and I am using a brand new bulb. I thought maybe the starter went out so I replaced it and still nothing.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
So...I bought a completely new fixture, came with a new bulb, and the new bulb worked for all of about 5 minutes. Also it wasn't lit in the middle. So I took the bulb out and the end of the tube was coming off! So I tried the bulb I got for the old fixture...it didn't work either. So I returned that bulb and got a new and it doesnt work as well. Is the new fixture defective too? It was sealed with glue in the box.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Yep I think its finely time...just need a rope, chair, and to leave a note.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store