My Oscar Has Sunk.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Still hasn't pooped did do the epson salt idea but still nothing. Hope it works soon. If not Ill have to buy some more salt since I think were all out now.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Worst update to date for me since being back. My Oscar passed away yesterday. I had tried the salt treatment and it didn't work. Sad since he was such an awesome looking Oscar. Well time to just focus on my other fish an move on. Never would of guessed my Oscar would die from constipation. Oh well =-(

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Sorry to hear of such news, Gabe.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yea sucks cause I hadn't had an Oscar in years and I got this guy for his colors. Was coming out awesome and then to lose him to something as lame as this? Really sucks. Won't buy another Oscar from the LFS ever again.... Unless it looks totally RAD lol. Nah but seriously I would wanna get WC Oscar's if I ever get more. Jeff Rapps has some nice ones but there pricey and so is his shipping lol. Got to decide between WC Oscars for my 135 gallon or some Jag's for my 135? I'm got allot of moves to make in my room as far as fish go.

Bye Bye Oscar was nice having you for the short time that I did.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
sorry to hear he passed away Gabe. :( i'd be beside myself if my Gus said goodbye to this world!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
Jeff, i 'upset' my oscar's schedule all the time and Gus doesn't care what happens to his tank or anything. i've moved fish out of there, he used to have an angel pick on him something fierce, changed substrate, removed substrate, done huge water changes where Gus was barely covered with water for a short time, had him in a 2 gallon pail for a good while when i moved apartments in fall of '09, moved the tank across the room, changed feeding schedules/food types/amounts, fasted him here and there for a day or so, and i also have a 6 year old that likes to hold things up to the tank to see if Gus 'likes' them or not, lol.

did i just luck out with an incredibly un-moody and adaptable oscar? hahaha!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I know you would be Sherry. You and Gus are like one. It sucked seeing him on his side and not breathing anymore but at least he had a good life. Short but good. Hope you keep you Oscar alive and well for a very long time. You got a Red Oscar and I've been thinking about getting either WC ones or a Gold Oscar.

Yeah Rachel it was sad to have to even post it on here. Was hoping to have it for years to come. Sad that the salt didn't work as I hoped. Must of started it to late. Thanks for the support though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store