My plan for a new FW planted aquarium, please critique

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chuck H.

AC Members
Mar 23, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
And a real quick video...

I took this with my iPod Nano...decent enough, tons of other lights to terrariums in the room however.

[YT]Jw45JY5DiRI[/YT]

fermentedhiker

AC Members
Nov 11, 2011
Warren, Maine
I might be wrong but it looks like you've planted(buried) the rhizome of the Anubias nana in the substrate. You should treat them like the java fern and attach them to rock work or driftwood with the rhizome exposed. Looking good so far though.

Chuck H.

AC Members
Mar 23, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Driftwood concern and a few pics...

Thanks for the replies! My background is black, however I think the tint of the water and the other lights in the room are making it difficult to see in photos.

I noticed yesterday a film of slime or perhaps some type of fungus on the top of the driftwood, should I worry?:

And, just some other pics:

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I had the same problem with my aquarium wood. To make matters worse, it started to get infested with nematodes! Just get like a clean tooth brush and brush it off or leave it alone, it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Mine went away in a week or two.

Chuck H.

AC Members
Mar 23, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
New Video

Another brief video taken this evening:

[YT]Dn53VkiVw3Y[/YT]

Added 2 Keyhole Cichlids, 6 Green Cory's and 1 ABN.

Sindorei

Apteronotus albifrons
Oct 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Sheila
Bobstropicalplants.com has some great ferts. My plants are doing a lot better than when I was using the whole Flourish line. And his root tabs are amazing. It's not that expensive either.

He also sells a very limited selection of plants and fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store