My planted 60 gallon.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Guenol

AC Members
Jul 28, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
Just found an awesome piece of wood to put in there too. Just now got it soaking in a spare 55. Pics when it's ready, and I put it in...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
That old sound board in there might be worth a bunch to a guitar maker if it's spruce. Very cool and creative stand! I'm not sure about the sand canyon there, but I don't have ANY experience, so everything I know is hear-say :) Go for it!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Good to see the finished project!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
MTS are being suggested because they act like earthworms in your sand bed. They will keep it aerated. I would add some more

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
10-4... I'll make a trip to my local pet smart (/shudder) and pick up a bunch...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You can probably get them cheap from a member on here or on aquabid. That might save you from some shuddering. Shipping (if the weather allows) is just a couple bucks

twillis

AC Members
Sep 16, 2013
Love how creative this tank is. Have you thought of banking up the sand in the back a little more? To me it's really extreme vertically, but all that awesome depth is almost flattened again by the lack of horizon depth. I think banking the sub to the back; varying a little throughout of course; could really add a lot to this tank. It is your tank though so if you like this look then stick with it. Plus I would imagine this tank looks looks a little different in person than in a pic. Keep up with the innovation!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I like the look of this tank. Id like to see how the sand bed turns out it a few months. Id imagine gravity will eventually win and make it flat but hopefully it remains intact and stays that way. Btw, im digging that stand you have!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
IME MTS only burrow down an inch or two...I'm not sure they would dig their way to the bottom layers which would be the possible problem areas. Someone needs to call in Byron for a visual house call on this one. I think I know what he will say... too deep; problems lie ahead. It does look awesome though :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store