My Pond

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
I have been planning my pond...(the one i get when i move away from the town house in like 6years... lol... i can dream right?) and thats how i pictured it! that same sort of look! nothing overly fancy, but with beautiful fish! all you need is a big ol' frog to sit on one of those lily pads!

DLV082

Debbie
Aug 23, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Real Name
Debbie
Nice pond. I noticed that you have water lillies in your pond. What do you do in winter when the lillies slow down for protection for your fish. Or don't you have problems with birds trying to make a meal of them. My fish are fine in summer when the lillies are at their most vigorous, but come winter and the kookuburra's are on the fence waiting.

Cheers

PallasAthena

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Wow! Beautiful! I'm going to rehab my pond today, and yours is inspiring me! Beautiful fish, too. I love the white one with the orange head. Gorgeous.

Chondropython

AC Members
Jul 11, 2008
Thanks for the nice comments.

Last year was the first winter it went through, and I didn't do anything as far as giving the fish cover. Once I trimmed the lillies back, the pond was essentially bare. We do have several redtail hawks around here, so I either got lucky, or they didn't see the fish.

There are 6 fish in there now - 3 sarassa commets and 3 watonai. All of the were placed in there last summer as babies (2''-3''). They have since grown quite a bit and are now in the 3''-5'' range. I'm debating whether or not to get a few more or just leave things as they are.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Thanks for the nice comments.

Last year was the first winter it went through, and I didn't do anything as far as giving the fish cover. Once I trimmed the lillies back, the pond was essentially bare. We do have several redtail hawks around here, so I either got lucky, or they didn't see the fish.

There are 6 fish in there now - 3 sarassa commets and 3 watonai. All of the were placed in there last summer as babies (2''-3''). They have since grown quite a bit and are now in the 3''-5'' range. I'm debating whether or not to get a few more or just leave things as they are.
I like it, I like it! Post more pics of the goldies especially as the watonais.:drool:

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
How pretty! How many gallons is the pond? How deep is it? It's a really cool design, I'm just trying to get an idea of how it looks like not so close-up. And I've never heard of watonais, I will have to look those up.

Editing to say I looked them up, they are really pretty! In fact, I have a few with tails like that, they are my favorite, too. I had two others, but bull frogs got them! I have since caught one of the frogs and relocated him to a large town pond. The fish with tails like that I still have are white, really kind of pinkish. Oh, and one red one with black spots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store