My puffers are fat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanhql

I LOVE my F8 puffer!
Nov 10, 2006
Singapore
What & about how much are you feeding it? How long after it ate, did you take that pic? Was it round after it ate?
i feed it oyster, clam, shrimp, bloodworms, all frozen. oyster and clam are deshelled and cut into bite size. i feed shrimp and bloodworms until its stomach bulges. i fed it shrimp last night, took the photo this morning. the stomach is always round after i feed it.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
My smaller puffers get fed every other day. Larger ones 2-3x/week or less. Same the the lurking species that don't move much.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
My F8 is pretty skinny too. She gets fed mussels everyday. They are frozen and we thaw them out for her and the meat is still on the shell, to get her teeth down. We cant seem to fatten her up. Her poop looks the same as it always has and she use to be round.

I will try and get some pics of her if I can, she pretty camera shy. She swims crazy like and hides when she sees it.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I dunno, mine always look very round. It wouldn't hurt all of those puffers to have tnem treated for internal parasites, just in case.

lokel

AC Members
May 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
what do you need to do to treat them for internal parasites?

Ya mine looks like the pic tanhql put up. I can see her ribs i guess it is until i feed her.

tanhql

I LOVE my F8 puffer!
Nov 10, 2006
Singapore
mine definitely don't have internal parasites, coz i saw it defecate this morning, and the feces are black and fat:

feces.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store