My remodeled 29 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tech1961

AC Members
Aug 25, 2006
Texas
I need help choosing some fish that would look good in this setup. It was just redone today. I stripped it down and added new gravel and a emperor 280. I have 2 opaline gouramis testing the water right now.

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
I like the set up actually. Even with the fake plants it's got a certain charm to it. Any fish you like you could put in, fish don't really care whether there's plastic plants, real plants, a totem pole, a small gathering of elderly men, or a spruce elm (though I'm sure the latter two would not only "overstock" your tank, but I'm sure it would reek havoc on your water params :))

I say pick fish you dig that have characteristics that you like. Maybe if you gave us more to work with, like what type of look your trying to achieve, activity level etc. we'd be better suited to give you some input.

Good luck!

tech1961

AC Members
Aug 25, 2006
Texas
Would it be o.k. to drop in some plant bulbs and slowly remove the fake plants as the others sprout out? I leave my flourescent light on about 12 hrs a day. What would be a good set of plants that don't require exotic equipment to keep them alive?

WrittenLyric

Bang Bang Shoot Shoot
Jul 16, 2006
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
tech1961 said:
Would it be o.k. to drop in some plant bulbs and slowly remove the fake plants as the others sprout out? I leave my flourescent light on about 12 hrs a day. What would be a good set of plants that don't require exotic equipment to keep them alive?
That's exactly what I did actually.. started out with all fake plants then slowly replaced them with real ones. I now only have one fake plant remaining. Some good plants for low maintainence tanks..hrmm. java moss, java fern, swords. etc. Ask over in the plant forum, they know their plants!

fishisme

I offer all kinds of free services
Oct 23, 2005
sk-canada
looks good, i would add some kinda of blue fish, maybe a nice true blue male betta, and 6 neons, the betta would make em school, i think, Very very nice..

Grundy

"A Buckeye Behind Enemy Lines"
Jul 9, 2006
Michigan
Are the gouramis going to stay in the tank or are they just there to cycle? Nice rocks, BTW.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store