My Snail has bubble on his head.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Swaroop Kandukuri

AC Members
Oct 18, 2021
Can Someone help me please. My snail has a big bubble on his head. Yesterday night when I saw him 11pm he was completely fine and walking around and now 5am he have a big bubble on her head and not moving any where. Can some one please help me out.

IMG_20211019_050500.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Ive never seen this before. Oh man, that doesn't look very good. I wonder if she has an obstruction in the organ they use to breathe air with.

I dont even know how you'd be able to help with this issue, because I honestly have never seen this before.

Maybe, if you hold her and gently palpate the bubble, perhaps can get the air to come out?

The Masked Shadow

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
Wow…post this on Monsterfishkeepers.com

More people on their.

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
I have never seen that. Without releasing what’s in the bubble the snail will not be able to move about, eat or anything. Doomed. Thus I think it is worth to try to release what’s in there and a needle may be good idea. Sounds cruel but it actually isn’t and there is nothing there that will be damaged. Snails heal remarkably fast. I would prick it and hope for the best. Good luck!

Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I have never seen that. Without releasing what’s in the bubble the snail will not be able to move about, eat or anything. Doomed. Thus I think it is worth to try to release what’s in there and a needle may be good idea. Sounds cruel but it actually isn’t and there is nothing there that will be damaged. Snails heal remarkably fast. I would prick it and hope for the best. Good luck!
This was another thought too, just was unsure whether to voice that or not.

I know not fish, but with birds if they rupture an air sac (think like a secondary lung structure) a method vets use to release the build up of internal air is a sterile needle and antibiotics. That method came to mind for this as well, but I dont know enough on snail anatomy to feel if thatd be a safe thing in this case.

Glad someone else was thinking the same that could shed more light on that

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks painful, poor thing. Maybe some massage followed by epsom salt at 1 Tablespoon/5 gallons, it can help with some swelling problems. Surgery may be needed too but that kind of thing always worries me. Less maybe with a needle stab than cutting. If you have access to a hollow needle like for injections that would be my choice.

If a stab doesn't help either & you have a syringe & needle you could try drawing off the air or fluid inside. You probably will will need someone to hold the snail. You might be able to make a "nest" of a wet paper towel to hold it securely in position. I used to be able to 1 hand that kind of operation when I did it often enough to be fairly confident, I'm pretty sure I couldn't now (wild birds not aquatic animals). Go slow & as gently as you can. If you have a choice a larger guage needle would work better & maybe a 3cc syringe, the bubble looks like it could be more than 1cc, but do the best you can. Don't wait to try something.

The other idea I have is to go to a snail website, maybe they've seen this before. There used to be a few but I don't remember them.

Good luck! & let us know what happens.

Swaroop Kandukuri

AC Members
Oct 18, 2021
That looks painful, poor thing. Maybe some massage followed by epsom salt at 1 Tablespoon/5 gallons, it can help with some swelling problems. Surgery may be needed too but that kind of thing always worries me. Less maybe with a needle stab than cutting. If you have access to a hollow needle like for injections that would be my choice.

If a stab doesn't help either & you have a syringe & needle you could try drawing off the air or fluid inside. You probably will will need someone to hold the snail. You might be able to make a "nest" of a wet paper towel to hold it securely in position. I used to be able to 1 hand that kind of operation when I did it often enough to be fairly confident, I'm pretty sure I couldn't now (wild birds not aquatic animals). Go slow & as gently as you can. If you have a choice a larger guage needle would work better & maybe a 3cc syringe, the bubble looks like it could be more than 1cc, but do the best you can. Don't wait to try something.

The other idea I have is to go to a snail website, maybe they've seen this before. There used to be a few but I don't remember them.

Good luck! & let us know what happens.
The bubble burst automatically and the snail was dead on the same day? ... Till today small hope it will come alive ... And kept that snail in a small tub of water.

Thanks a lot guys each and every one for replying me heart full thankyou❤

One more thing

Can u guys help me how to bury snail in soil. When ever a fish dies I will make a hole in soil and I will bury it and how to do that thing for snail it has a shell.

Can you guys please help me how to do that?

• Sad
Reactions: dudley

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Sorry for your loss!

You can bury the snail the same way you do fish but the shell won't decompose the same way. Usually once a snail dies, it may take a day or two for it to come loose from its shell so you may be able to dump him out of the shell and just bury the soft body.

Reactions: Swaroop Kandukuri

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I'm sorry for your loss. You can bury him the same way you would a fish.

Reactions: Swaroop Kandukuri
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store