MY SNAILS HAVE WEAK SHELLS HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I agree, what is the temp? How old is the snail? Has it reached sexual maturity yet? What do you feed? Your pH is ideal, do you have any idea what the hardness of your water is? Its likely adding crushed coral will not help in this case, as it buffers the hardness in order to raise the pH to prevent shell erosion. The new growtth is kept healthy by a calcium rich diet. You can achieve this through the home made foods, or fresh or frozen veggies, or even feeding vacation feeders or wonder shells (made by wardley, like a vacation feeder). Can you get a picture of the damage?

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
I agree, what is the temp? How old is the snail? Has it reached sexual maturity yet? What do you feed? Your pH is ideal, do you have any idea what the hardness of your water is? Its likely adding crushed coral will not help in this case, as it buffers the hardness in order to raise the pH to prevent shell erosion. The new growtth is kept healthy by a calcium rich diet. You can achieve this through the home made foods, or fresh or frozen veggies, or even feeding vacation feeders or wonder shells (made by wardley, like a vacation feeder). Can you get a picture of the damage?
th temp is lower than room temperature(about 73°F), The snail's age: IDK, The hardness is about 300(I've started taking people's advice about my water softener killing my water quality[just recently]) here's the pic and also where do you get the wondershells? my LFS (in walnut) doesn't really have em, just vacaion feeders... eh mabe I'll use em...
here's a pic of my fliter... after I loaded it with POP

Last edited:

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
you could even pick up calcium pills from the drug store to add, they will graze on them. The vacation feeders are fine as well, just up your water changes to help with any potential clouding from them. Green veggies are good as well. At the food sticky, is a link to the calcium content of veggies as well.

1oooop

Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
hmm... well I am going to plant some spinach... mabe I'll use tums too... Can I use airborne?

Last edited:

1oooop

Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
hello...

1oooop

Jun 5, 2008