My Stendker Discus from Discus Hans - finally after 5mos.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
Just beautiful!! They are the most stunning fish and your tank is wonderful!! I love the plants in the glasses...kinda classy looking, LOL! I hope all your woes are over now and you can just enjoy the beauty of those fish!! :clap:
I do have one question though...I notice you have 2 heaters in your tank, a 300w and a 200w. I tried the same thing on my tank but the smaller heater won't even register. How did you do it?:huh:
I have them both set for 89 (max). I have noticed they both go on at the same time when needed, both go off when not needed.

I think the electronics of it is, the higher the wattage, the faster it heats upthe water. but no matter the wattage, it will heat up the water but will take longer & stay on longer if less wattage.

I think an analogy is using your stove top or more so using your BBQ grill or outdoor stove top - the higher the BTU output, the stronger the flame the faster to cook/boil. one can test this by boiling water & seeing the difference in the time it takes to boil when using different BTU output.

MotionInSilver

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
I have them both set for 89 (max). I have noticed they both go on at the same time when needed, both go off when not needed.

I think the electronics of it is, the higher the wattage, the faster it heats upthe water. but no matter the wattage, it will heat up the water but will take longer & stay on longer if less wattage.

I think an analogy is using your stove top or more so using your BBQ grill or outdoor stove top - the higher the BTU output, the stronger the flame the faster to cook/boil. one can test this by boiling water & seeing the difference in the time it takes to boil when using different BTU output.
this makes a whole alot sense- a good thread topic to ask everybody else that one.

btw your discus is just as pretty- good mix and the bowfront does them justice.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
this makes a whole alot sense- a good thread topic to ask everybody else that one.

btw your discus is just as pretty- good mix and the bowfront does them justice.

thk u!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store