Name that one fish that you totally regret getting...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
Common pleco as well. Got him almost 7 years ago as a cleanup crew in the goldfish tank. He shreds anything plant that the goldfish leaves alone. I'm stuck with him for a very long time as my oldest son adores him.

He's about 15 inches long now and has gained about an inch a year for the past 3 years. Given the miserable thing can live to be 20-30 years old and get over 24" long, I'm stuck with this monster a very long time until he dies.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Pink Convicts. Never realized that they are considered extremely aggressive. I knew they were aggressive, just not to the umpth degree! Killed everything in the tank and each other!

Chrisk-K

Theodore P. Charles Fellow of AC
Dec 1, 2009
Maryland
Bloodfin tetras. Constantly chasing and nipping one another. In fact, I'm done with all kinds of tetras.

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
My Siamese Algae Eater. I bought him/her because I had a hair algae outbreak from plants purchased from an auction -- he/she was zipping through the show tank at the LFS; cleaning the driftwood, substrate, and plastic plants. I bought him/her and let him/her loose in his/her new home -- 6 months later, he/she has not even touched the algae. The stubborn creature refuses to eat anything but flakes, pellets, and live food and has gotten to be quite the bully and is extremely territorial during feeding time. I've pondered about re-homing him/her but I'm kinda bonded with the feisty thing. :( I don't know what to do because he/she just keeps getting bigger and as he/she grows, she becomes stronger and more aggressive. So yes, I regret getting him/her.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
tiger barbs... green, albino and ???purple??? as well as skunk loaches... both on suggestions of a lfs. not only that but i asked everyone in the store one at a time (kinda cornered them for sake of private conversation to get individual responses).

they even told me the green (lime green younguns) and purple were natural colors...

yeah... GREAT for planted community setups... okay. next time i ask they're opinions i think i'll be in the market for a bridge. lol

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I would have to say the HRP I got in a trade. It went on a rampage one night and killed my beloved Julii cories....:swear:

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Bloodfin tetras. mainly only because of my tank inhabitants. my RBS hates theyre red fins and chases them around constantly. im going to get rid of them and get glolights instead.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
My golden wonder killie, it has cost me a fortune because it eats everything.

Sry for asking a question on someone else's post, but how do I start my own post?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store