Nano Planted Tank (around 7 gallons) Strange rhombus shaped tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kumar420

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Its a 7200K fluorescent
I'm not going to go into my sleep issues, as it involves several psychological issues and a recent death in a family, combined with a substance abuse issue: however none of this prevents me from caring for my fish. Having issues and also having lives under my care doesn't affect my ability to care for my charges (animal or human, lol: again, a difficult family)

having fish tanks is an awesome de-stresser. I watch a tank for half an hour and I'm as cool as a cucumber

just noticed london bridge fell down during my cleaning, never really notice fake ornaments. Bad news for the nursery rhyme! :p

Last edited:

kumar420

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Would this light be any good?
http://www.amazon.ca/Fluval-A3935-M...id=1390082059&sr=1-40&keywords=aquarium+light

"13-watt 6400K compact fluorescent bulb with a high CRI value that mimics natural light. - Allows accurate views of plants invertebrates and fish in their natural colors. - Bracket is easily secured to glass aquariums up to 6mm. - Works for aquariums 3.9- 7.9 gallons including the Fluval s EBI Nano Shrimp Habitat and Fluval s Flora Aquatic Plant Kit. 12 length x 2.8 width x 5 height"

little expensive but worth it for a long term tank

seems to me I can get a standard 12" aquarium bar light for the same price. seems much more worth it for a light with a better bulb- preferably two 9-18W CFL's with good depth penetration at 6400/7200K

kumar420

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
I had a problem with the water quality: the water was almost white with clouds of some weird looking white stuff billowing around. I did a 100% WC, thoroughly rinsed everything (tank, gravel, heater, filter, filter media, even the thermometer) and set it back up- the water seems to be clear now. Strange, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate were all at respectable levels. I will seed it from my more established tank a week from now with some gravel and water from the top of the tank, its going to be a while before I have the money to put fish in this one anyway. Waste of cycle and water conditioner though

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Sounds like you had a bacterial bloom. You just have to let it run its course. Water will clear in 4 to 5 days. But now you have to start all over.

kumar420

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Sounds like you had a bacterial bloom. You just have to let it run its course. Water will clear in 4 to 5 days. But now you have to start all over.
So after restarting it and buying some driftwood for my 20g, I decided to soak the driftwood in my 7g after giving it a solid rinse.
There is now some sort of oily residue floating on the surface of the water

I was wondering, does the fact that I have the occasional cigarette in my room have any effect on water quality? After doing so I always open the window and air the room out, and its only once/twice a day.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I think there are plenty of harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke that it probably will affect the fish in the long run. I would smoke outside, better yet stop smoking!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store