Native species tanks...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Danimal

AC Members
May 12, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
I would love to get some sunfish but there just isn't a lot of them in my lake. I caught a pretty big warmouth/rock bass the other day but I knew he would eat my cory so I threw him back.

Aquatick

AC Members
Jul 21, 2004
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
Wow, I really didn't expect so many people would be interested in the same thing. Don't assume your ecosystems don't have a good variety! If you can get a hold of one get a casting net and you'll be amazed at what you can pull up.

chkltcow - Sorry! I'll have to go check your thread. :) About the NC stream tank....actually I think that's pretty cool! I'm not really into it for the variety as much as appreciating the fish themselves in the natural habitat. If I lived where you did I would definitely have to set up a stream tank! Post pics when you're done!

LongTime - Actually you're right about it possibly being illegal. As far as I know only sport fish (Bass etc) and endangered species are illegal to keep here. Not sure about other states, but it probably goes along the same lines.

Danimal - Nice tank!

duck - Sunfish are awesome for aquariums if you can get them. I'm not sure if they are the same thing as a pumpkinseed... I'm curious if theres a difference because I caught one using a stick, yarn, and a paperclip when I was a little kid in Ohio long ago. lol

Danimal

AC Members
May 12, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
Very cool fish, duck. I can't wait untill my gills/brim get big. right now they are 4" and 5". It will be cool when they get to be 9"-10"!

jamzwayne

I love Pl3co's
Jul 28, 2004
Athens, TX
www.thegodshatetexas.com
AH.

My kind of thread.

Blue gill, Bass, Channel cats...all beautiful and very interesting fish.

I just wish there was a miniture version of the large mouth bass. lol

I have thought about crayfish (crawfish), shrimp, blue gill, buffalo, BASS, catfish of all kinds, gar, all of these fish interest me more then - platy, angels, silver dallors, etc.

I would love to have my tank look like the natural life that is in my local waters. A chance to see what it looks like, how the fishes react with each other under the water that you cant see from the bank.

My wife and I went to Lousiana for a weekend and we ate at a resturant that had a HUGE tank that seperated 2 rooms. It had a softshell turtle, a nice sized gar, couple of blue cats, crawfish, and God knows what else. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS ! ! !

Ah, if only I had (or could afford) a 220 GAL tank lol.

Good posts all.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store