necigrads reef build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

apelaston

much more than a hobby to me.
Mar 21, 2008
bradford, ohio
www.myspace.com
looks good just make sure to give yourself enough clearance in the front to get that magfloat across..

root81

AC Members
Feb 23, 2007
Eastern Townships, Quebec
For question about the power options, I would personally get a small project-box with hinged door, and a switch/ single plug for each device you have (and a couple spares...). Switches on the front, plugs at the back, and timer(s) inside. This way, each device is controlled independantly, without the need to unplug, and if wired right, turning off timed devices would still leave the timer running, so you don't have to reset.

I haven't built anything like that yet, but intend to within the next few months, when I finish buildng my new tank. I'll post pictures, and an artical for the build, and will probably be willing to build for people who aren't comfortable with DIY electronics.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Lookin' good! My only concerns would be that your rock scape will allow you areas to put your corals (since it looks very vertical atm), and that you are able to clean the glass around the rocks. My Cube is only 8 gallons, so believe me, I know how challenging that can be! LOL

You can always just scrape that are with a credit card or something since you can't fit the mag float in there.

necigrad

AC Members
Feb 7, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It is rather vertical, but it was either that or forgo all the LR. I'm guessing that more LR is better then less. The other option is to break some of the LR up and toss it into one of the rear sump areas. I had planned on doing this origionally but haven't. I'm kinda waiting for folks to suggest it or tell me it's a bad idea. I think I have room for quite a bit of coral though, so we'll see as time goes on.

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
Can you glue the corals to the vertical rock?

alpha123

Return to the sea '08
Mar 18, 2008
Houston
Looks good to me. May be 'hide' the white piece on lower right.

necigrad

AC Members
Feb 7, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Well, I did a few things today. First off I flipped my FW and SW tanks around. Better walking flow. I also mounted my power strips to the wall and shorted the chiller lines. Much cleaner overall now. While I was shortening the chiller lines I eliminated the PVC on the chiller in line, and redid the chiller out "U". It still has 2 90* bends in it, but I've not got a barb fitting on the tube end, and a long (8-10") piece of PVC goign into the tank. I think it's much better. I also got some water from a guy in the local club yeaterday morning. I don't know if it was his water or coincidental timing, but I think I'm starting to see the algae bloom. Probably start buying a CUC on Wednesday.

Oh yeah, started a 10G QT tank cycling. As soon as it's good I'm gonna buy an ocellaris.

journey0820

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
Congrats! Can't wait to see what you get. Do you have specific CUC plans?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store