Need answers to many questions. Please help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have to say, white sand shows everything; poo, plant & wood debris, vacuum more. Your cory probably died from the ammonia during cycling (as Bob said), it can take a while to actually die from ammonia burns. The foam is probably from protiens in fish food etc, not a big deal, use a paper towel to lift it off the surface. An AC 50 is minimal filtration IMO, add a second filter or keep animal life to a minimum.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
1. Still not sure the cycle killed him.

2. Anymore info? I have algae but none like the one under the driftwood. You didn't exactly answer my question for 2

3. I guess so just really want to know how to not have it collect on sand because it looks bad.

4. As I said in the post look in my previous thread. It's 29 gallons though w/ aquaclear 50

5. Ok, should I be worried or just leave it be?

Thanks
1 i didnt say it but a possibility. at this point its just throwing darts and a dart board and picking what ever you hit.

2 if you balance the tank out there wont be algae to remove. this can take time. you can remove it if you want.

3 set up some decore where you can have a dead spot. then get some power heads going over the substrate. the way you set it up with the dead spot it will collect there vs all over. fish poo though its natural.

4 if the info isnt here its hard to answer questions. not everyone is going to be searching out threads trying to get the info that should have been posted.

5 i wouldnt worry. you can use a paper town and lay it over the surface to help break it up.

Dav

AC Members
Sep 29, 2014
4. Because of #3 and small particles in the water, I am almost well past considering and about to purchase a canister filter with a lot more than enough filtration. My choices are a fluval 306 or 406, or a Eheim 2217 or 2215. Which is better? I like Fluval for the ease of cleaning and the media that comes with it, but Eheim is 50$ cheaper and has same reviews plus no water bypass but GREEN HOSES :(. My aquaclear 50 just isn't cutting it. (not picking up particles)
I use a fluval 206 on my 29 gallon tank along with an HOB filter & it works great. Picks up particles just fine.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
What are your parameter, and I don't mean ph, and what is your photoperiod? If you are looking to not have to remove feces from the tank then my suggestion would be not to add animals, as Bob said animals eat and they poop there's nothing that can be done about it.

kiddevo

AC Members
Sep 7, 2010
Film on top of the water.... shrimp pooping like crazy..... how often are you feeding?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store