Need Help Stocking A 20G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd add a school of one of the peaceful tetras--silver tips, blues, and bleeding hearts are my current favorites. Another option would be some of the smaller rainbows--praecox or celebes would work nicely.

You'll want to avoid gouramies and long finned fish--even the female betta can be nasty and attack similar looking fish.

The bristlenose pair might breed--they can be very prolific.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
A nice school of silver tip tetras would look great. They seem to be really great at maintaining the school over a period of time. My parents still tightly school a year later.

Otherwise a schhol of cherry barbs might be nice as well.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
How many platies, and how small are they?

If they're too small, they might be gourami food...

It sounds as though there might be enough room for some Cories, but I need a little more information on plantings as well as on the numbers of Platies...

Or, you could make a larger school of H&TLTs, if there's enough room for them.

skylinegtts

AC Members
Jul 21, 2003
Australia
www.skylinegtts.cjb.net
i have 5 platies and they are about 1 inch long
and i dont have many plants in there onli some eldoea or something i dont knoe the name and a medium size java fern which is reproducing like crazy, ( lol i didnt even pay for it, i was buying some javamoss and it got stuck in with it and the guy didnt see so i ended up getting the java fern and java moss for the price of one ) i also have a piece of driftwood in the tank and im looking to get more plants soon

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'd go for some more plants, but you'd be all right in adding some more Head- and Tail-light Tetras...I'd do that to make for a bigger school, and the gourami might scare 'em in line every now and again!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
The platies sound like they are of size to avoid the gourami, so the whole tank would be in harmony with a few more tetras...I'd encourage it as Characoids are sometimes regarded as fin-nippers, so the more in a specific school, the merrier, and the safer the gourami's pectoral feelers would be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store