Need help with egg identification.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradleyp

AC Members
Feb 8, 2011
UPDATE.
Now have 5 little swimmers, about a dozen more eggs that will probably hatch today, and as of last night, another couple dozen brand new eggs stuck to the glass.

I set up a small bare bottom with sponge filter using tank water from the original tank and a bag of fluval biomax from one of the filters. I'm getting ready to move the net breeder from the 29g into the new tank along with the new eggs. Is there anything special I need to do during this process. I checked the temp of both tanks with the same thermometer and got identical readings. Water chemistry could be a little different since the water was taken out of the 29g yesterday.

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
I usually put the eggs in a small container and apply methylene blue to ward off the fungus, it seems like the best method I've tried.

As for the swimmers, when I transfer them to a fry tank, the tank is full of java moss, a sponge filter squeezing along with a seasoned sponge filter. This mucks up the tank a little bit, but honestly I've had better survival rate by applying a thin layer of sand on the bottom rather than going bare.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store