need help with fry quick!! please help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bball4life

Hops
Nov 27, 2004
Ok well I have 7 molly fry in a breeders net the other fish in the tank ripped a hole in it so thats how so many died so quick. My question is can I put them in a small less than 1 us gallon tank with no filtration?

Aqualung

AC Members
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
It would work short-term, but something with more volume would be better. Rubbermaid containers come in many different sizes and are a cheap alternative.

bball4life

Hops
Nov 27, 2004
so do you think it would be ok to keep them in there for about 1 day then get a breeders box not a breeders net, because I dont think the breeders box will get rips in it, then hook the breeders box in the main tank where they came from so they can have filtration?

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
that would be fine :D

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
A rubbermaid container and a airstone would be fine for awhile with water changes. It would be a cheap setup and allow the fry to eat and grow up in peace, at least for the short term. And in the summer the temp should stay decent in the container. Just pick the most temp stable spot. When they get a bit bigger back into the main tank they go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store