Need Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Misled_Youth

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
Deerfield, IL
The Biowheel for my Penguin 300 filter keeps sputtering and i don't know what to do to help keep it at a steady flow. I just put in new filter cartridges because i thought mine were too small and that hasn't fixed the problem. Was wondering if there was anything i could do to jerry-rig it instead of spending more money to buy a new biowheel. Any help would be appreciated. thank you

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Really dumb question here. Are you sure that the water level in the tank is high enough to reach the intake completely? Could there be anything blocking the intake? (usually with my Marineland filters it's some kind of plant dreck that clogs the tube-- at least that is my experience with the Eclipse hoods, which are just a built in version of the same idea.)

Misled_Youth

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
Deerfield, IL
happypoet, i'll try that and hopefully it works

Somervell, i thought there were no such things as dumb questions and everyone is here to help. I've cleaned and scrubbed the intake, and the water level is definately high enough.

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Somervell, i thought there were no such things as dumb questions and everyone is here to help. I've cleaned and scrubbed the intake, and the water level is definately high enough.[/QUOTE]

I've been a teacher for 20 years, and I can assure you, that there are such things as dumb questions. It's just that teachers aren't alllowed to tell you that :)

I'd go with Happypoet, and I do agree that as long as the wheel is turning you have filtration. I used to think the flow was too low in mine, too, because of the spin speed, but it seemed to work fine. Good luck in trying to solve the problem, though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store