Need opinions on a tank move

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neo Sithlord

Nerf Herder
Mar 20, 2004
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Visit site
I was thinking of trying to move my betta and his two cory cats into my 36 gallon. I have 1 gourimis, 3 bronze corys, 5 white clouds and 3 neons in the 36. Both tanks are healthy but a little neglected as far as weekly cleaning used to go, works been hell this summer. So do you think the betta might be a problem? If I try and move them and things go baddly I can move them back into their ten gallon. I'd just rather use the ten for something differnt like Dwarf puffers or even a gold fish.
-Neo sithlord

mechanic

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
I have had problems with my betta going after my gourami's
in the past.
I had a problem with disappearing neons untill the betta was removed to another tank as well.
We aren't sure it was the betta, but the neons stopped disappearing after
he was removed.
Good luck
Eric

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 7, 2004
Cincinnati, Ohio
Yeah, it all depends on the fish's temperment. I would add the betta but keep an eye on him for at least 30 minutes to see if anybody is harrissing anybody, my betta does just fine in my community tank, it all depends on if the betta is peacefull. Also, 10 gallons is too small for goldfish, but dwarf puffers would be cool.

nathalie1977

AC Members
Aug 20, 2005
From what I understand, anabantoids tend to attack each other. The betta would probably be better off isolated from the gourami.

bdobosz

Jan 2, 2005
I would agree with tel0004. Try him in the tank. I had mine in a 10G with a small SAE for a while and he would flare up as soon as the other fish moved. I put him in my 210G community tank and he is fine if not more personable. I also have a large 3 spot Gourami in that tank who could care less about him. Try it but keep a close eye on them early on.

Neo Sithlord

Nerf Herder
Mar 20, 2004
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Visit site
I guess it's a try it and watch then. I don't think my betta has to much of a temper but he only has two bottom feeders as tank mates. He does dart at them if doesn't get his fill during feeding, but he mainly seems docile. Guess I'll have to see how well he adjusts to having more fish in the water. The gouramis is pretty much the same I'll have to see how he acts after being the biggest fish for almost a year.
-Neo Sithlord

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store