need tips on marine life.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Germanman

My fish are my babies
he has alsorts of corals, there unders suficent lighting, in a sepret tank.
the xenias are in a normal standerd light tank, thats what puzzles me, if he thought they needed the extra lighting, why wouldnt he just put them in with the other corals, in the t5 set up?

every body has there own way of of doing things, and it obviously works for him.

clare
he is either ignorant or running them off a high nutrient system...which most corals cant stand.

m007

m007
Jan 4, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Hey Clare, I run a 150W Coralife Clamp on MH fixture and all my corals are doing very well. I have Xenia, Zoos, Leather, Polyps, Elegance, Hammer, Frog Spawn, Clam, Goniporia, Acro, etc. No melting, no deaths, no problems. What ever you LFS is telling you about MH is garbage. I wouldn't anymore money on coral until you get your lighting sorted. In addition a great number of coral require feeding to thrive along with consistant water maintenance. Fix the light, keep your water fresh, and research coral needs before you proceed. Good luck!

Mar 29, 2007
THinking about it in the shower and i may have finally cracked it :D

when mh and flourescent lights light up the electricity liquifys the mercury causing UV light which infact is radio-active, maybe thats where the lfs guy got the idea from.

But maybe you should just ask him why does he think that.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store