Neons have something weird going on around tail

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kivstev

AC Members
Mar 19, 2009
Good to see. It's awesome to see their tails grow back almost as fast as they deteriorate. Nice job! :thumbsup:

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
They are all still alive, and doing great! A couple of them still have what looks like an odd grayness at the caudal peduncle, but it may be some kind of scarring. The one who lost his tail has grown it completely back. I will try to get some photos, but you know how tetras are. :D

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Great info on this thread! I am glad that they have recovered for you and they look great in the last photo. As with everyone else here--I'm amazed that you were able to get such clear photos of tetras! In my mind I'm picturing you sitting in front of your tank for hours at a time ready for that one great shot!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Alright, here's a few pics. You can pic out the one who lost his tail, as he still has that gray stuff on his caudal peduncle. It may be scarring. However, his tail has grown back completely, and he is happy as can be.

Here's a couple of the neons.

And here is the guy who lost his tail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store