FS Nerite snails and shrimp, shipping or pickup PA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
depends on temperature and food source. I don't get an overabundance because I do not overfeed and have excellent maintenance. I intentionally feed them so they do stay present in the tanks.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
there is a sticky in the invert section with different recipes I have compiled. I also feed ken's veggie sticks, hikari crab cuisine, and ken's catfish pellets in addition to zucchini, green beans, and snail jello.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
I don't think you'll have any trouble getting MTS to reproduce. Three weeks and my population has trippled... tiny MTS everywhere (maybe more than that- can't tell how many are in the sand)... and I can't be accussed of over feeding- I've probably put (combining all the pieces I've put in) about a postage stamps worth of snail jello in the aquarium over that period of time... no other food of any kind.

... they've been living off what they can find naturally. Them and my bladders have had huge populations booms from that alone- so I suspect in the planted aquarium give sufficient light there is plenty of food naturally to support fairly large populations.

My original plants from petsmart had some dead leaves on- that I left in for the snails initially- so that's probably sustained them.

Some people have said they've had difficulty maintaining Ramshorn populations- but usually this isn't the case.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
No mention of Amanos on the front page this time.

Will you be selling Amanos this time around? (or anytime in the near future)

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I hope to, I am having a hard time getting them in reliably in bulk without having to spend a fortune which means they would not be a good price for you guys. Once I find a reliable source to get several hundred at once for an affordable price, I will get more and offer them up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store