New 100G Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

groovitudedude

Teen Runner
Feb 22, 2008
Did a total clean-out of my 100G since it was empty and I wanted to start all over.

Pile of dirt; cleaned out the substrate.

Added all-black background before filling it up

Filling up

Some plants and slate I got to decorate

Filling up...

Filling up...

Filled up.

Some rocks JohnPTC let me take at the meet...

plopped everything in there...

aquascaped a bit...

more aquascaping

Ta-da!

Stocking is going to be a bunch of neons, a betta, and some other fish I don't know yet; I am cycling with feeders right now. I do know it needs more plants, though.

Feedback?

FindingBlemo

I ♥ Angelfish!
Jul 2, 2009
Black Diamond, WA
Looks great, but you should go with some bigger fish! With that sand, take out the slate and rocks and get a Motoro! I've always wanted one, so I guess if you get one, I'll live vicariously through you!

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
some neons and a betta..hmmm. you need more or bigger fish. You could put like 100 neons in there though. That'd be cool.

groovitudedude

Teen Runner
Feb 22, 2008
Looks great, but you should go with some bigger fish! With that sand, take out the slate and rocks and get a Motoro! I've always wanted one, so I guess if you get one, I'll live vicariously through you!
Stingrays are illegal where I live and a 100G is too small anyway :(
some neons and a betta..hmmm. you need more or bigger fish. You could put like 100 neons in there though. That'd be cool.
I already have a 130G with more and bigger fish. I wanted to go tiny with this one ;)

You mean like this?

100_3884.JPG

Jaykit

Means To An End
Feb 4, 2009
Alberta
Good looking start. The 2nd last picture with out lights on in the room is a great one. My suggestion is to turn it into a high tech planted paradise with your neons, and some added snails and shrimp swimming in and around all the plants.

groovitudedude

Teen Runner
Feb 22, 2008
Good looking start. The 2nd last picture with out lights on in the room is a great one. My suggestion is to turn it into a high tech planted paradise with your neons, and some added snails and shrimp swimming in and around all the plants.
I really didn't want to do planted, it seems like too much of a pain in the neck to me. And I have a snail nightmare in a tank I get paid to take care of, the LAST thing I want is snails :yuck:

I will, however, consider shrimp perhaps. Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice beginning!

Plec123

AC Members
Sep 12, 2009
nice setup!

if youre gonna go with small fish, at least get some exotic stuff like chilodus headstanders, hard-to-find cories, samurai gouramis, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store