New 10g build, First SW tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nue

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Salt Lake City
Real Name
Grayson
Well then, I think the Xenia is off the table, too. Thanks.

I still think Firefish would be a nice option lol. I can't wait to see your tank with fish and corals in it!
I really Like the Firefish too, however I really like the Wasse but the Wasse may be to expensive for my wallet. A LFS has the Firefish for 6$ on sale, If I go that way I hope that special is still going when my tank is fish ready. Thanks for the suggestions. Do the Firefish stay at the bottom?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Yes, I meant to say that too. The firefish would be a good option and you might be able to squeeze in 2 with a smaller goby/pistol combo.

steelerfan67

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
nice setup nue. was wondering on your lighting as i have a 10 setup for qt and looking to qt corals.

is yours a 20 inch length light?

having a hard time finding them.

thanks for your time.

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
I have a xenia right now, and it's kinda difficult to keep, anyways. I read that they like "dirty" water, rich in nutrients.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
My firefish stayed near the bottom, but he was in the tank alone with a larger clownfish and a larger cardinalfish, so he was probably just scared of them. AFAIK, however, they are dartfish, so they do hide a lot, and it will probably take time for them to come out of hiding. They do like food though, that often lures them out of their hidey holes... :)

Nue

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Salt Lake City
Real Name
Grayson
nice setup nue. was wondering on your lighting as i have a 10 setup for qt and looking to qt corals.

is yours a 20 inch length light?

having a hard time finding them.

thanks for your time.
20 inch yes, found them on ebay for 35$

My firefish stayed near the bottom, but he was in the tank alone with a larger clownfish and a larger cardinalfish, so he was probably just scared of them. AFAIK, however, they are dartfish, so they do hide a lot, and it will probably take time for them to come out of hiding. They do like food though, that often lures them out of their hidey holes... :)
Thanks, ill look into that.

Nue

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Salt Lake City
Real Name
Grayson
Okay, so its been almost a year since I started this project. It has slow progress because I focus more on my freshwater, and garden. In that year I have added a 2.5 gallon refugium, Torch Coral, Duncans, Green Star Polyps, Zoa's, a Mushroom, a Fire Fish, some Hermit Crabs, 2 Sexy Shrimps, Peppermint shrimp, and a Olive Snail, who is way to big to be in there. But I never see him. I have uploaded a video which should be watched after reading my whole post.
I have some questions! :)
There are these worms in my tank EVERYWHERE they seem to like to burrow and collect debris, they have horizontal striped yellow and black tentacles.
I didnt think much of it. At the same time I notice a few of my corals have stopped growing, Green Star Polyps, Zoas, and the 2 Pink Somethings(I would love an ID on them, have no clue what they are.)
I spent to much time trying to figure out what was wrong with these corals. They get about 3 gallons of water changed weekly, they get fed, they have plenty of light. Then I thought to look into these worms.
I have narrowed them down to Hair Worms, or Spaghetti Worms. Which it seems some people wanted these? I think they are attacking my corals. Or just irritating them.
Also The torch coral was about tripled in size since I got him. I have never seen aggression from it, he fully retracts at night. But I'm concerned he might be close or getting to close to my other corals. Am I okay? Can I move him closer, or should I move him further. The sexy shrimp love him.
And not long after setting up the tank 3-4 Aiptasia appeared, very tiny, and transparant, Im almost positive its Aiptasia. They haven't grown or spread. Yet........ I don't dare to touch them. Peppermint Shrimp doesn't help. And not worth killing a Berghia over.......Yet.
Any suggestions on everything would be great.
Thanks!!

Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qLYStka1E
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Okay, so its been almost a year since I started this project. It has slow progress because I focus more on my freshwater, and garden. In that year I have added a 2.5 gallon refugium, Torch Coral, Duncans, Green Star Polyps, Zoa's, a Mushroom, a Fire Fish, some Hermit Crabs, 2 Sexy Shrimps, Peppermint shrimp, and a Olive Snail, who is way to big to be in there. But I never see him. I have uploaded a video which should be watched after reading my whole post.
I have some questions! :)
There are these worms in my tank EVERYWHERE they seem to like to burrow and collect debris, they have horizontal striped yellow and black tentacles.
I didnt think much of it. At the same time I notice a few of my corals have stopped growing, Green Star Polyps, Zoas, and the 2 Pink Somethings(I would love an ID on them, have no clue what they are.)
I spent to much time trying to figure out what was wrong with these corals. They get about 3 gallons of water changed weekly, they get fed, they have plenty of light. Then I thought to look into these worms.
I have narrowed them down to Hair Worms, or Spaghetti Worms. Which it seems some people wanted these? I think they are attacking my corals. Or just irritating them.
Also The torch coral was about tripled in size since I got him. I have never seen aggression from it, he fully retracts at night. But I'm concerned he might be close or getting to close to my other corals. Am I okay? Can I move him closer, or should I move him further. The sexy shrimp love him.
And not long after setting up the tank 3-4 Aiptasia appeared, very tiny, and transparant, Im almost positive its Aiptasia. They haven't grown or spread. Yet........ I don't dare to touch them. Peppermint Shrimp doesn't help. And not worth killing a Berghia over.......Yet.
Any suggestions on everything would be great.
Thanks!!

Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qLYStka1E
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Looks like barnacles to me.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nue

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Salt Lake City
Real Name
Grayson
Hmm I looked into barnacles and nothing like these. Should I try to remove them from where they are irritating the corals?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store