New 16 gal FOWLR

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
google image search is where I have found the cards in the past, although your then relying on the colors of your monitor/printer which won't be 100% accurate to the card that comes in the box.

JaySea20

AC Members
Aug 19, 2010
New Pics

Here is my tank now that I have about 25 lbs LR/Coral fossils.:D

I am curious though, how long do I need to wait until I can put fish in the tank. I used 26 lbs live sand and now the 25 lbs cured LR. I also have a HOB bio-wheel filter.I have tested the tank and there are no traces of ammonia or nitrite... but no trace of nitrate either.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
My opinion is to wait at least a week.. test daily. If after a week you still do not see any measurable signs of ammonia or nitrite then it may be ok to put in 1 hardy fish, like a clownfish. Stay away from damsels... they are cheap and hardy but a big pain in the butt. The longer you can hold out putting a fish in the tank the better the chances of a good outcome will be.. 1 week in minimum... 2 weeks is better.. 4 weeks is ideal even if you never got any bad readings because it gives the tank time to settle and get the bacteria population growing.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Definitally 2 weeks min. I would agree with the reccomendation of a clownfish as a cheap fish for yer tank. No where neer as agressive as damsels. And hardy too. Good Luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store