New 29g Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Tank swap was done this weekend, and the pressurized CO2 is running. I scrubbed the heck out of the driftwood and trimmed back any leaves with beard algae. I also padded out my stocking and here is the new fish list:

- 8 Neon Tetras
- 5 Various Platies (1m 4f)
- 1 Oto
- 2 Yellow Rams (one stressed out after the tank swap and we lost her)
- 3 Matae Cories
- 1 Cucuta Pleco

I don't know if it's the Pleco, the CO2 or another fish, but the beard algae is GONE now. Completely vanished. The tank looks so much better since adding the pressurized CO2. It's only been running three days but the Vals are growing in, the Hygro is sprouting up and the Rosette sword is getting huge. I pulled the water sprite, the roots were constantly rotting, and it was overgrowing and clogging the surface skimmer that feeds the canister filter. I'll post new pictures tonight.

Also on the plus side, the Gourami is insanely happy in the 5g. Eating like a pig, and has really coloured up.

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
glad to hear everything is going ok my gourami a pain too but my blue ram seems to have put him in place would love to see picks of the new tank

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
As promised, new pics. I will say today was my official "can't take a good picture to save his life" day, but here we go anyhow. New full tank shot:

So the driftwood has moved to the side. It was just growing algae and blocking too much light before. The cave moved to the left behind the newly-place Hygro. The red melon sword is between the cave and driftwood, but it got pretty seriously trimmed back when I was trying to beat back the BBA.

The Rosette sword is obviously huge now in the front right, and the Sagittaria is behind it in the back corner. The Vals are starting to come in nicely now too. The Red Lotus never sprouted, so it was a write-off, unfortunately.

Now some fish pics, that are mostly crappy:

One of my Mickey Mouse Platies. There are two of them, one of which is massively pregnant.

I like this Platy a lot, sort of a speckled blue colour. It has some tail damage but that was from the LFS. It's doing quite well in the tank now.

Here are the two remaining Rams, one of which is in focus, the other is a blur. You can see the blue spots that have come in on the fins. These two seem to have bonded, and they may be pairing up.

For the life of me, I can't get the Oto, Cories, or Pleco to sit still for a picture. I'll keep trying and post one if I can get one.

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Double post

Last edited:

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Triple post

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Plans have officially been made for the two left-over not-water-worthy 29g tanks.

I'll be expanding the family menagerie into the herpetological realm with a pair of Crested Geckos and a Ball Python :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store