new 36X12 37gal project...finished!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dwag88

AC Members
Jun 15, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
just curious, is that a TVR in the driveway in the first series of pics?

FishyFry

Feeds low on the food chain
Apr 7, 2007
Michigan
www.pandk.org
Darn, just found this thread. Now I can't wait for the final shots! The tank is too cool so far! Great job with the rock formations, not to mention the stand and tank itself.
:headbang2:

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
just curious, is that a TVR in the driveway in the first series of pics?
Thats my fiat coupe :) or the custard love machine as i call it, lol

update : well i am pleased to say this is pretty much going to be the LAST update on this tank now for maybe a few weeks, she is done :) i will wait now until i get the plants from malaysia and get my fish transfered across before i take any more pics but for now the tank is done

I am VERY proud of it and i can't believe i have done it really. i have painted the edges of the tank black to keep the look of the all in one style stand/hood and to hide the silicon, i have painted both ends of the tank black, but the left hand side i have done around the rock silouette and also left a small circle unpainted so i can see into the breeding cave i have created in that corner :) i can be a fishy peeping tom, lol

i hope everyone likes it as much as i do..it has been a brilliant project to do and i have enjoyed every second of it, and to be honest it hasent been that hard to do, it has been a lot simpler then i thought it would be.

i will do a guide with pics etc on how to do the background if anyone is interested, and what materials i used and what time scale i did the water changes etc, i will be as detailed as possible and hopefully inspire others to have a go at this themselves or at least as a reference for anyone who is considering it.

just one final thing, i would like to thank all the 3d background guide contributors on the chiclid forum, i dont know any of the posters personally and i have not messaged them or spoken to them but just by reading there guides and useing there advice it really helped me and inspired me to do this in the first place.

ohh and i have included a pic of my current 2ft tank which i have at the moment, as you can see it is nicley growing my plants for me, lol and keeping my fish happy before "the big move" lol

IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0138.JPG IMG_0163.JPG

816johnv

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
stunning..... it is like a brand new tank and looking at the first pictures you can see that it was in a state... this is one to be well and truely pleased of cant wait to see it planted and with fish in.... well done excellent project

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
CUSTARD LOVE MACHINE.!!!!!!

sad bahney. so sad :drool:

nice tank though. you should be well chuffed.
i know it is, lol lads at work named it, and it has stuck, lol and yeah i am dead chuffed with it i really am.

not quite sure if this is gonna work, but i will try and put a video on here...here goes

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store