New 46 gallon Bowfront

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Looks like you know what you're doing. Nice tanks!

qquake2k

AC Members
May 3, 2006
Northern California
Nice looking setup. 46g will give you more options for sure. It's not too tiny, nor too big. Easy to manage for water changes, even if you have to do the bucket toss.

FWIW, with my Sunsun 302, I run the thick blue sponges in the bottom two trays, then a bunch of different bio media in the top. Plastic balls, ceramic rings and plastic pot scrubbers. I found if the floss pads are used in the lower, dirtier trays, they plug-up too quickly and hinder the flow through the filter.

I've heard that you should put the coarse and fine pads before the biological media, to help keep it from "gunking" up. But I see your point, too.

qquake2k

AC Members
May 3, 2006
Northern California
Looks like you got the same tank I did. I swapped out the clip-on LEDs too. Got the Nat Geo programmable LED fixture that sits on top and am much happier with the lighting. Tho your light set-up looks really fun.

What are you planning on stocking it with?

The tank is Nat Geo, but I'm sure it was made by Aqueon or someone. I haven't decided on the stock yet, but I'm leaning towards some angelfish and cories. But I keep thinking about African cichlids which I really like.

PSUsam11

AC Members
Nov 11, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Real Name
Sam
I have the Current LED light for my 40 gallon and I love it. The colors are very crisp making viewing great and the effects are a lot of fun to mess with.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I couldn't help but notice that you have a picture with the UVC lamp on. Not a good idea to be exposed to UVC radiation from the UV sterilizer. In the future I would not turn it on when out of the canister. That's a good way to get cataracts in your eye or skin cancer pretty quickly.

The 46 gallon Nat. Geo tank is made by Marineland. Most of the tanks and other products are direct imports from China.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store