New 55 gallon setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Contrary to popular belief, chromis are not nice fish (especially to each other).

Flashing may happen without the female but the duration of the color display will not be as long or pronounced. It may do it as a form of agression towards other fish.

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
oh ok i get it now. whats more agressive towards tankmates? :

yellowtail damsel or 6 line wrasse?

and also

4 line wrasse or 6 line wrasse?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Both have the potential to be absolute terrors but more people have 6 lines that they love and swear are model citizens over the YT. I don;t think I have ever heard anyone say they love their YT damsel :).

You will have a harder time locating a 4 line and you may find it to be a little less agreesive that a 6 but this is a fish-by-fish thing.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Contrary to popular belief, chromis are not nice fish (especially to each other).

Flashing may happen without the female but the duration of the color display will not be as long or pronounced. It may do it as a form of agression towards other fish.
Being he was only going with 1 damsel, I think the chromis makes a better choice, but yeah some chromis are solitary others shoal together. Being none of his other fish choices resemble another chromis I think one would be a pretty safe bet vs getting a damsel.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You are correct. A lot of people get sucked into buying a group and get left with only one. Depending on the fish, you can still get a little #$%&@ though :)!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store