New 75G Up and running

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Ammonia is down to 0 ppm ;)
Nitrites = 2 ppm
Nitrates = 100 ppm+/-
pH = 7.8
SG = 1.025 @ 79F

Diatoms are on the rise so that means the cycle is soon coming to an end. :headbang2:

I ordered another Koralia 3 powerhead and a phosphate test kit, so I'll be testing my phosphates when the cycle nears completion.
The Seaclone has been performing better than expected after a few mods. It seems to perform much better with a slightly higher salinity and a brass air valve. No micro bubbles when properly adjusted and pulls about a 1/4 cup of dark brown skimate a day. I may try to mesh-mod the powerhead to see if that improves it's performance even more.
I'll be monitoring the pH as the cycles ends, as well. If it doesn't rise and stay between 8-8.3 after a water change, I'll be adding some Marine Buffer.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Today I noticed a few tiny Feater Dusters and some macro algaes coming to life on my LR. :) I added some Biospira to help boost the cycle along, as well. Diatoms have doubled in population since this morning.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Can a mod lock this thread? This was just an initial setup/cycle thread and to keep things simple, I started another thread/journal to document the tank's progression/maturation from this point on...don't want to confuse anyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store