New 90L Betta Barracks...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
While picking up the PVC sheet, I also bought some of this 3mm capping section. These will retain the cards

Add some silicone and a peg or three, and we have a peg-i-pede!

...closer

Prepping for silicone. Yes, I am a masking tape fiend!

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Two done! Gettin' closer!! I didn't have the spare set of hands for this silicone effort, so there will be a bit of clean up to do

My goal for this weekend was to have this at a stage that it'd be ready for water by tonight. As you can see...

...and a brief word from our sponsors. The BEST cold beer!!

I decided, rather than build a whole new stand, I'd just add to an existing one. This is only temporary, until I build something new and more permanent

I'll let that sit a few days, do a bit of detail clean up here and there, then fill it with water and allow the silicone, turps etc to leach.
Should be ready for fish in about a week and a half. Nearly there people!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice.

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
AWESOME!!

I'd like one please :D

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Thanks, all. It's a relief to have gotten this far, I gotta tell ya. You know that feeling you get, when you sit back and look at something you've built (or written, created etc), and it looks exactly like the picture you had in your head months before you even started out?? That's where I'm at right now. Have had to make the odd compromise or minor adjustment, but this is pretty much how I wanted it.

Just hope that it holds together, now!!

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
So we have water! Yay! Sorry, I tried to get pics of the ceremonial "first wetting", but camera battery was (is) dead. You'll just have to take my word that it was a monumental, riveting and joyous occasion...

Question: What would be a reasonable time to leave it soak? I thought I might drain the water tomorrow and re-fill, then drain again on Sunday, re-fill again and toss some fishies in. That'd be a total of four days to soak/leach, before fish-o'clock.
Thoughts?

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Reasonable time is a week for me. Bravo :)

caitylee

Yup....
Mar 12, 2008
Florida
I have yet to post in here, but I have been lurking from the beginning.

It looks great, as I expected it would. I would also personally wait a week or so. I just had all my betta's die in my tank due to poisoning. (To much algae treatment, now I think any is to much) So maybe I am overly cautious but I would wait a week. Even though I can't wait to see it complete with fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store