New Additions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

panorama

Rookie
Oct 10, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Real Name
Jason
How about some cardinal tetras? The blue would look stunning in that tank.
I think you are spot on, how big of a school would look good?

Females also have the purple spot on their belly and aren't as long as the males. Nice apisto.
Thanks, they are tank bred Apistogrma Pandouros. We had bought the 2 pair last winter when they were tiny little guys, they have filled out nicely.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
Like with all tetras, a school of 6 is the place to start. After that, it always seems that the larger the number the tighter they school. The ultimate size really depends on tyour ank size/filtration/maintenance schedules/other stocking plans.

Cardinals can be finicky on water quality, so I would start with the six and work up from there till the happy place is reached.

panorama

Rookie
Oct 10, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Real Name
Jason
After thinking it over, not sure a school of cardinals will fit. My stepson doesnt want the cardinals what would be some bigger fish that would do well with this stock list.

56gallon colum
2 pairs apistograma pandouro
1 pair kribs
2 ABN's
1 threadfin raimbow

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Have the kribs paired off? Normally they will be inseperable if they decide they like each other. Given the other Apistos sharing the tank however, it may be for the best if they dont breed and get territorial.
I agree Cardinals are always a great choice for schoolers. Another option is try to find a group of Furcata Rainbows. They will swim all over the middle and upper parts of the tank and are active and entertaining with great colors.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store