New aquarium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Stocking ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sara3502

AC Members
Jun 28, 2011
I am getting a new 40 gallon aquarium sometime next week and it comes with ALOT (2 heaters 7 filters 2 air pumps etc.) I am going to have it heavily planted with nice light, planted aquarium gravel, and a homemade Co2 dispenser. The only problem is that my mom is 'helping' me get what to put in it as in you cant get the tank if you dont have VERY colorful fish. I cant have discus but she wants those, along with other fish too big :( What are some VERY colorful fish for it that are plant-friendly and also a good stocking idea? I want a school of some bright fish (she LOVES neon tetras) and i love angelfish but she doesnt. :( Maybe some smaller cichlids? Please help me show her bright colorful fish for stocking? Any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated :)

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
12 neons, pair of rams, a BN pleco or 8 corys. a groumie of some sort, and 1 male 3 female swordtail :)

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
There are plenty of brightly colored fish that I think both of you can enjoy. These are certainly not all of the options but here are a few:
Angelfish, Dension Barbs, Tiger Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Odessa Barbs, Bettas, Dwarf Gouramis, Honey Gouramis, 3 Spot/Gold/Opaline Gouramis, Guppies, Mollies, Platies, Endlers, Swortails, Kuhli Loaches, Killifish, Harlequin Rasboras, German Blue/Gold/Electric Blue Rams, Bolivian Rams, Apistogrammas, Rummynose Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Neon Tetras, Black Neon Tetras, Serpae Tetras, Emperor Tetras, Colombian Tetras, Black Phantom Tetras, Red Phantom Tetras, Ember Tetras and Silver Tipped Tetras.
There are millions more but these are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

HTH

Sara3502

AC Members
Jun 28, 2011
What about 10 of the small killifish Fundulopanchax gardneri and one angel, and pair of rams, one larger/ medium sized gourami and a BN pleco???

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store